Welcome to my blog†

My name is Mike Hocking, Teignbridge District Councillor and Newton Abbot Town Councillor. I am a Independent Member for Newton Abbot (Bradley) in South Devon.

My committee membership within the District Council include Overview & Scrutiny and Audit Scrutiny Committees.

My responsibilities within the Town Council include Finance & General Purposes, Activities, Environment Services, Transportation, Grants, Museum, Newton in Bloom.

The purpose of this site is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbrdige District Council and our local Ward Newton Abbot (Bradley).

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Friday 1 January 2010

New Year

This is to wish everybody who read this blog a very Happy New Year. This year will see a General Election, Football World Cup and Winter Olympic Games but for your local councillor it will be business as usual. The year will start with the setting of this year's budget, picking our next Chairperson to guiding this dictrict through the coming year. I will keep you up to date with my work as we go through the year, and if you have any issues please get in touch and I will do my best to help. So Happy New Year to you all, may 2010 bring you everthing that you have wished for, and that Tiegnbridge continues to grow to the best dictrict in Devon. "HAPPY NEW YEAR"

0 Comments: