Welcome to my blog†

My name is Mike Hocking, Teignbridge District Councillor and Newton Abbot Town Councillor. I am a Independent Member for Newton Abbot (Bradley) in South Devon.

My committee membership within the District Council include Overview & Scrutiny and Audit Scrutiny Committees.

My responsibilities within the Town Council include Finance & General Purposes, Activities, Environment Services, Transportation, Grants, Museum, Newton in Bloom.

The purpose of this site is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments in Teignbrdige District Council and our local Ward Newton Abbot (Bradley).

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Friday 26 March 2010

My Community Fund

Each year as a TDC councillor I have £1500 to give out as a Community Grant to local organisations, this has to be to the benefit of the community. I have used my fund this year to help support several organisations and events some of which are set out below:-
  • Environment projects at Highweek and Bradley Barton primary schools
  • New Community Seats at the top of the Avenue, Newton Abbot - (Still to be Installed)
  • The Memory Cafe at the Avenue Church - this supports people with Alzheimer's and their carers.
  • "View from Here" Film Festival - This is an opportunity to introduce young people to the film industry, allow them to inspire at film making and to further their skills and find new ways of expressing themselves.

This is only a few of the grants I have given out but I hope it gives a taste of the kind of things I have supported. A new round of grants will be available from April so if anyone as any suggestions or projects for funding please get in touch through this blog.

0 Comments: